[audacity4blind] Re: Questions

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:40:08 +0100

Hi May!
To remove noise it is necessary to first create a noise profile. To do
this you need to select a short section of the track containing only the
target noise. Then choose Noise Removal from the Effects menu and press
alt-g for the Get Noise Profile button.
Now that the profile is created, select the whole track, call up the Noise
Removal dialogue again and tab to OK. Make sure the control above the OK
button is set to Remove, not Isolate.
Try the default settings first. You can adjust the amount of removed noise
by changing the value in the Noise Reduction control (alt-d).

To hear other tracks while recording choose Overdub from the Transport
menu (alt-r o).
To hear the track you are recording in real time choose Software
Playthrough (alt-r f).
These are toggles so can be switched on and off by repeating the
respective command.
If you experience timing discrepancies when recording in Overdub mode you
need to adjust the Latency Correction in Preferences <Recording (ctrl-p
r). Here is a link describing how to do this effectively.
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Latency_Test

Cheers, Robbie