[audacity4blind] Re: Questions

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:35:45 +0100 (BST)

Hi Dang,
your first question about selecting a long section of audio. Here are a couple
of suggestions:
Given that the start of the selection is near the beginning of the track:
1. Move the cursor to where you want the end of the selection to be.
2. Press shift+home to select a time range from the cursor position to time
zero.
3. If you now press spacebar, then audacity plays the selection, which
currently starts at time zero. So press spacebar, and then then press [ where
you want the selection to really start, followed by spacebar to stop.
An alternative method is to make use of seeking/jumping during playback. You
can use left and right arrow to seek backwards and forwards by a short period
and shift+ left and right arrow to seek by a long period. You can customize
what the short and long periods are in the playback category of the preferences
dialog. So, for example, you could set the long period to 300 seconds, that is
5 minutes. So you could first mark the start of the selection using [, and then
use the above seek keystrokes to more quickly move to where you want to mark
the end of the selection.

Your second question was about importing a track into the same project. You
should be able to to this by opening the file menu, then opening the import sub
menu, and choosing audio. This has the shortcut ctrl+shift+I.

David.