[audacity4blind] Re: Question about Recording from an External Source

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 11:40:01 -0600

If you continue to have problems and a good solution isn't presented by other
list members, I'll experiment with JAWS and Audacity on my Windows 7 machine.
I have two sound cards so I can experiment.

I haven't used audacity with NVDA to any extent.  My impression is that it
works reasonably well in general but that when you do something such as export
or import a file or apply an effect, NVDA pretty much stops working in Audacity
until the operation is finished.  I'd have to experiment to see if my
recollection is correct since I've very seldom used that combination

but when you are recording with NVDA and Audacity, I don't think you will have
problems.  If you know how to set NVDA to use your internal sound card, you may
want to try that as well as checking the JAWS settings.

Gene