[audacity4blind] Re: Question about Recording from an External Source

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:28:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Robert,
unfortunately I can't find any of my attempts using the overlay class approach
- it was quite a long time ago.

Concerning nvda not reading the appropriate dialog name. Nvda gets this
information (or at least used to) from the name of the window in the
accessibility api. Because of how wxwidgets is compiled for audacity this is
not set automatically, and needs to be set manually in the audacity code. This
is done in a few places, but not most of the time. I think Leland has said that
he wants to sort this out after 2.1.
I presume that other screen readers find the name from the title bar or other
means, unlike nvda.
So it may be easier just to wait till its sorted out in the audacity code.

David.

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015, 20:34, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

David

Your patch seems to work fine.
Do you still have the template with the overlay class approach?
I've already overlay classes for Track and LabelTrack.
I'm contemplating also the Dialog class, mainly to assign the right
title to the dialog box.
The problem seems somehow related. You have to navigate away from the
dialog and enter it from a higher (or parallel, that is) level to get
the right container for the dialog (the one with the title bar,
instead of the Audacity project window itself).

The title can manually be read with Shift+numpad 7 (if screen review is active).
However, I can't yet force it to do it automatically.

Robert