[audacity4blind] Re: Question

  • From: Justyna Połomska <justyna.polomska.1977@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:26:48 +0200

then I want to find out how to cut a piece of the file from the middle of the file, i.e. how to select the part of the file that I want to cut

W dniu 17.05.2022 o 12:59, Andrew Downie pisze:

Hi Justyna

To answer your specific situation:

Play until you reach the point from which you want to delete the rest of the track and press x to stop.  Then press shift+k to select to the end of the track.  Then press Delete.

While that works for the specific situation you described, you are right to ask about use of left and right brackets.  On this page <https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqaMwQC-taeGmBi3PWiV3EnNPCjK?e=wxof8t> there are a number of audio files describing the use of Audacity.  The one called audacity-navigation.mp3 is particularly relevant.  If you would prefer a text description, let us know.  Another valuable resource is the Guide to Audacity <https://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-3.1.0-Guide.html> written by David Bales, who is on this List.

Andrew