[audacity4blind] Puzzling Switch of Tracks

  • From: "Rich De Steno" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ironrock" for DMARC)
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 09:33:21 -0500

After hundreds of hours of using Audacity for multitrack recording, I have encountered a problem for the first time that I cannot figure out.?? I recorded guitar tracks, as I usually do, with a left guitar panned all the way to negative 1, and a right track panned all the way to positive 1.?? I did this several times for different parts of the song, as I usually do.?? In listening back to the tracks, I realized that somehow, the left track was moved all the way to the right and the right track was moved all the way to the left.?? However, the tracks retained the pan indications.?? Thus, the left track moved to the right, but still indicated a pan of negative 1 when I pressed shift-p, and the right track moved to the left, but still indicated a pan of positive 1.?? Obviously, I activated some effect that I am unaware of and I do not know how to get these pan indications back to being accurate.?? Any ideas on what I did and how to correct it?

--

Rich De Steno

The audacity4blind web site is at

Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line