[audacity4blind] Re: Project to CD

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:44:16 GMT

| From Brad Erhardt <bookmanbrad@xxxxxxx>
| Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:20:24 -0800
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Project to CD
 > Hello everybody, I have a thought for a Christmas gift idea but I don't
> know if it is possible. What I would like to do is import many files into an
> audacity project, then trim each one so that we have a long clip; then
> edit each and finally  set them up as tracks for a CD.

> So long clips about a verse long and then fading into the next one. Lastly,
> What I would like to do is take the finished product and somehow burn it
> to a CD. I don't know if I have to export each track as a mp3 then use CD
> burning software to do the job or how I might go about it.

Brad,

If you import many files, they import in separate tracks underneath each
other in Audacity, so you would have to solo each track to work on each
one, otherwise they would all play together.

If preferred, select the second track, cut it, paste it to the end of the first
track and remove the now empty second track and repeat as needed to
make one long track. Then make the splits between the tracks using
labels. If using labels, read this:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=files&i=split .

Then you would File > Export Multiple to export separate files based on
tracks (if you kept the tracks underneath each other), or based on
labels if you made one long track.

For burning to audio CD for use in standalone CD players, export as
44100 Hz stereo 16-bit WAV files, not MP3 which will reduce the audio
quality. Here is the FAQ:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=files&i=burn-cd .