[audacity4blind] Re: Problems with sound quality

  • From: "Cliff Self" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:50:53 -0700

Without knowing more, it's hard to say what went wrong.  But it doesn't sound
like an Audacity issue.  The first thing that comes to mind is the input
setting in your volume control utility.  In Windows, if it's set to stereo mix
you will record everything that comes across the headphones, including your
screenreader, something picked up by your microphone, and any files you play on
the computer while recording.  The only way I can conceive of it being an
audacity issue is if you happened to record over another recording, but the
fact that the first 15 minutes were fine seems to disprove that theory.

If we knew more about the audio source and your settings, someone might be able
to figure out what went wrong.

Cliff