[audacity4blind] Re: Problems with Version 2.1 for Mac

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 09:32:57 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Oliver,
unfortunately I don't have immediate access to a mac, but I may be able to
check these issues at some stage.
You say that when you press shift arrow right, all you get is a cracking sound.
Does this mean that a time range isn't selected. If you press spacebar after
doing this, then only the selected time range should be played. Does this
happen?
Likewise, when you said in a previous email that moving the cursor using the
arrow keys or comma and period, does the cursor move as well as you getting the
cracking sound?

With regard to changing keyboard shortcuts in the preferences dialog. The code
for this was changed in version 2.0.6, and there could well be a problem with
this on the mac.

David.

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015, 8:48, Christoph Oliver Zenz <o-zenz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I am working with Audacity on a Macbook pro, with the actual OSX. Though I had
been trying the new version of Audacity, I still use version 2.03. There are
actually two reasons for this:

1. After installing version 2.1 I imported a File, and tried to cut a little
piece out by doing the following:
With Shift a I paused the track, than I wanted to mark a little of the track by
using Shift error right, but all I got was a cracking sound and nothing else.

2. I tried to make changes to the table of hotkeys; Therefore I opened the
settings dialog, selected hotkeys within the tabelle, and than I couldn’t
select the hotkey wich I wanted to change.

Has any body experienced similar problems? and if yes, how did you solve thees
problems?

Thank you in advance,

ciao,

Oliver