[audacity4blind] Re: Playback commands for checking a selected time range

  • From: "Angelo Sonnesso" <asonnesso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 05:54:02 -0400

I thought the guide might give you some useful information.
I am going to try and download the html manual and maybe it can be
converted.
I am not sure if I have the correct URL.
I will keep you posted.

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: Angelo Sonnesso <asonnesso@xxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:53 am
range

If the attachment in the previous message does not go through, use
this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5190928/Audacity%202.0.6%20Guide.t
xt

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: Gene <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 20, 2015 12:08 pm
selected time range

That's good to know as are the other matters discussed in response
to my question. However, the discussion raises, at least for me,
another question.

I would think that Audacity would serve more casual blind users
better if there were specific commands, perhaps function key
commands for moving the cursor in small increments. These commands
are available in goldwave and in
Mp3 Direct Cut. I don't know how many other programs they are found in.

For more casual sighted users of Audacity, they may not be important.
But I expect there are a lot of blind users who won't learn enough
about the program to have the information discussed in this thread.
Audacity should be easy for the more casual user to use and having
equivalent incremental commands as in the very popular Goldwave and
Mp3 Direct Cut may encourage more casual blind users to adopt it.

Gene