[audacity4blind] Re: Playback commands for checking a selected time range

  • From: Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:43:50 -0700

Much oblliged, but this is not the guide for the current version. I just can't
understand why the Team doesn't offer the entire manual in an easily accessible
offline version.

Regards,

Daveed Mandell

From: Gene <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 20, 2015 12:08 pm
range

That's good to know as are the other matters discussed in response to
my question. However, the discussion raises, at least for me, another
question.

I would think that Audacity would serve more casual blind users better
if there were specific commands, perhaps function key commands for
moving the cursor in small increments. These commands are available in
goldwave and in
Mp3 Direct Cut. I don't know how many other programs they are found in.
For more casual sighted users of Audacity, they may not be important.
But I expect there are a lot of blind users who won't learn enough
about the program to have the information discussed in this thread.
Audacity should be easy for the more casual user to use and having
equivalent incremental commands as in the very popular Goldwave and
Mp3 Direct Cut may encourage more casual blind users to adopt it.

Gene