[audacity4blind] Re: Playback commands for checking a selected time range

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:53:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Robert,
I've had a quick look at the code.
Looks like there's a bug. A boolean variable AudacityProject::mIsCapturing
which indicates whether recording is active is not initialized. So your
suggested work around should work, as this sets the variable. No idea why this
has crawled out of the woodwork now.
The shortcuts shift+f5, and so on don't do the check for recording. They
probably should do, although it means they are not affected by this bug.

David.

On Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 12:53, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Robert,
Not sure what's going on here. I don't need to record a track first to make
the play cut preview command work,

David.

Gale has posted this workaround in the forum.
I have'nt had these problems with the c key but I'm now on 2.1.2 and
the bug has obviously been fixed recently.
Thus, anyone who experiences this problem can try the workaround and
tell us if it works.

Robert