[audacity4blind] Re: Pitch correction

  • From: Orlando Enrique Fiol <ofiol@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 14:24:27 -0500

Hi Gary,
At 04:09 AM 1/27/2019, Gary Hough wrote:

>i'm very new to audassity.
>is it possible to do pitch correction?

There is a free VST pitch correction plugin called GSnap. All of its editing parameters are accessible and you can hear its work in real time. However, I can't quite place the site where I obtained it. It may have come from a link on the Audacity site to a whole suite of VST plugins.

>also can you do recording punch in and out?

Yes you can, but I'm slightly unclear about how it actually works. I know recording can be configured in preferences to be sound on sound or overdub. However, I don't know how Audacity deals with recording from marked points, so that you can, for example, begin recording four bars before a punch-in point, but not erase anything before or after that punch-in region.
Regards,
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@xxxxxxxxxxx

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line