[audacity4blind] Re: Pasting Audio at a Pause Point

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:44:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi Rich,
If no time range is selected, then if you start playback, press p, and then
left bracket, then spacebar, then the cursor is moved to where you pressed left
bracket, and if you paste it will insert the audio at the cursor.
However, if a time range is selected, then if you start playback and so on,
then the time range is modified so it now starts where you pressed the left
bracket. So if you then paste, it replaces the selected audio, rather than
inserting it.
So as long as a time range isn't selected before you start playback, you'll be
ok. Had you pressed ctrl+a to select everything? If a time range is selected ,
you can deselect it by pressing any key that moves the cursor, that is, home,
end, j, k, right and left arrows.