[audacity4blind] Re: Panning that doesn't go away when you export the sound

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:55:11 +0930

I think that link is broken. I've been to the page before and downloaded some
things from it, though I think I went sick on the VSTs more than the Nyquist
ones. Which should I look at? I can find the page on the wiki later.

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:02:58 +0000
From: david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Panning that doesn't go away when you export
the sound

Hi,
If you use the pan dialog for the focused track, then this affects all the
audio in the track.
If you want the panning to vary in time, then you can either do this
manually, or use a plug-in.
Panning manually:
For example, you've got a mono track which lasts a few seconds.
1. Press ctrl+a to select all the audio.
2. Choose Duplicate from the edit menu to duplicate the selected audio. This
creates another track which contains a duplicate of the audio.
3. pan the first track left and the second track right (or vice versa!).
4. You can than pan by varying the amplitudes of the two tracks. For example,
with all the audio still selected, choose the cross fade effect from the
effects menu, and use its default parameters.

Panning using a plug-in:
On the web page:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Effect_Plug-insthere are a number
of panning plug-ins which you can download, and apply to a stereo track.

David.

On Monday, 29 June 2015, 0:03, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to emulate the sound of something moving from one side to
the other, like, say, someone walking with the sound starting at one edge of
the stereo field, then moving to the centre, then to the other edge, but no
matter what I've tried, the panning doesn't save when I export the sound.
I've used a mono recording for these purposes because I'm moving the sound
across the stereo field, but I doubt I'd have any success with a stereo
track, as selecting small portions of the track and panning them to where I
want them isn't working. The whole track is panned instead of the effect I
want and as I said, it's not saving when I export.