[audacity4blind] Re: O t: Open source screen reader available

  • From: "Nolan Darilek" <nolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:06:50 +0100

NVDA plays somewhat nicely with Audacity. There are some issues in dialogues--it doesn't speak the text associated with some controls and speaks an & before the OK/Cancel buttons, but it's a workable alternative as is. I've used it off and on for the past month or so and will likely use it full-time rather than upgrading when I finally get annoyed with my old version of JAWS and don't want to spend a few hundred dollars to keep up with the times.