[audacity4blind] Re: Normalize Command and Gain Shortcut Keys Don't Produce Results

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:31:03 +0200

I got the Decrease/Increase Gain shortcut keys to work, but I still can't
get the Normalize dialogue to work as expected.

What value does the "Amplify" effect propose?

If it is zero, you'll already normalized and should use the Limiter in
order to increase the volume further.
Set the gain slider back to zero, otherwise the exported audio will clip.

It might be that you'll also need some compression if softer parts are
barely audible - but this can also increase the noise.

Robert