[audacity4blind] Re: Newest version of 1.3.1beta of audacity.exe

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:24:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ramana,

Did you unzip the zip file containing the 1.3.1 version of audacity.exe before copying it over the 1.3.0 version of audacity.exe?

This is the second time I've seen this report. So I suspect the problem is that I renamed the file to make it easier for me to copy the file to the audacity4blind website.

You will first need to get and install 1.3.0 as described in my previous post. Then go to

http://members.aol.com/martynshaw

and get the zip file which contains the 1.3.1 version of audacity.exe, unzip it and copy it over the 1.3.0 version of audacity.exe.

I don't know why this is, because I have had no trouble changing a filename to make it easier for my DOS internet connection to grab the file.

If that doesn't work, please tell me the exact steps you used to get and install 1.3.0 and 1.3.1. Remember that 1.3.0 has many files and folders, 1.3.1 is the single audacity.exe file you need to install over the 1.3.0 audacity.exe file.

David

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Polavarapu, Ramana wrote:

Hi David:

When I try to run 1.3.0, it complains that the file is corrupted.  Am I
the only one facing this problem?  Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ramana

-----Original Message----- From: audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:audacity4blind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David R. Sky Sent: Tuesday, 21 March 2006 3:40 AM To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [audacity4blind] Newest version of 1.3.1beta of audacity.exe

Hi,

This is directed toward Windows users of Audacity.

As you probably know, Audacity 1.2.4 is the most recent stable
version of Audacity. However, Audacity 1.3.1beta is being developed
and tested. It has many more keyboard shortcuts than 1.2.4.

If you haven't done so yet and want to install 1.3.1beta, you first
need to get and install Audacity 1.3.0 from

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/files/audacity-win-1.3.0rc4.exe

(it's an executable installer file). Then download and unzip the
file at

http://users.northlc.com/sberry/audacity131e.zip

Unzip this file, it's the most recent 1.3.1beta audacity.exe file
(from within the past day or so). You will need to copy and paste
this audacity.exe file over the audacity.exe where you installed
Audacity 1.3.0.

Keyboard shortcuts for Audacity are at

http://users.northlc.com/sberry/kbd.htm

If you don't want to fiddle around with installing more than one
file, please stick with 1.2.4 until 1.3.1 is a single installable
file.

Thanks

david