[audacity4blind] Re: New user of Audacity

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:26:30 +0100

Hi Lori

Welcome to Audacity!

You don't tell us what version of Audacity you're using, but recording is pretty simple. Just create a track from the track menu, make sure that you have some sort of signal coming in to record and press r. That's it! S should stop recording, the home key takes you to the beginning of the project and space should play what you've recorded. It's all pretty simple stuff to start with at least!

Hope this helps

Talk soon

John Ramm

At 21:36 18/10/2009, you wrote:
Hi I have just downloaded the Audacity recording software, but am unable to record anything. I can't find anything in the menus to help me, and there doesn't appeare to be a list of shortcut keys. I'm using Jaws for windows. Can anyone give me any advice on getting started? Many thanks from Lori.