[audacity4blind] Re: New to audacity

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 15:53:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Mary,
assuming that the audio in the project starts at time zero, which it normally
will, then one way of reading the length of the audio is to press End to move
the cursor to the end of all the audio, and then press the left bracket key
(just to the right of the letter p). When there's no playback, pressing left
bracket opens a Set left boundary dialog, which contains a position control
whose value will be the cursor position.

 Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: New to audacity
 To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Tuesday, 4 February, 2014, 13:46

 Thanks for the tips. The projects I
 am working on must be exactly one minute in length. Is there
 a way to get the approximate length of a file?

 Sent from my iPhoOn Jan 30, 2014, at 8:58 AM, David Bailes
 <david_bailes@xxxxxxxx.ukwrote:

 > Hi Mary,
 > welcome to the list.
 > One way of adjusting the volume of a track so that it's
 a suitable volume compared to other tracks is to adjust the
 track gain.
 > If you move to a track and press shift+G, then a dialog
 opens so you can adjust the gain of the focussed track. In
 the dialog you can enter a gain in the range -36 to 36 db.
 > A few of the things you might want to do to multiple
 tracks in Audacity are covered in the more advanced editing
 section of this guide to audacity:
 > http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.0.5-Guide.html
 > It's written for Jaws users but is also nearly all
 applicable to users of other screen readers.
 > Could you clarify what you mean by getting the exact
 link to a project, for example 60 seconds?

 wrote:

 > Subject: [audacity4blind] New to audacity
 > To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Date: Wednesday, 29 January, 2014, 14:19
 >
 > Hi
 > I am a jaws user learning audacity. How do I work with
 > multiple tracks in a project? How do I move between the
 two
 > tracks and ensure that the volume is the same across
 both
 > tracks? Is there a way to get the exact link of a
 project
 > for example 60 seconds? Any tips would be appreciated.
 >
 > Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message
 archives,