[audacity4blind] Re: New to audacity

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:58:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Mary,
welcome to the list.
One way of adjusting the volume of a track so that it's a suitable volume
compared to other tracks is to adjust the track gain.
If you move to a track and press shift+G, then a dialog opens so you can adjust
the gain of the focussed track. In the dialog you can enter a gain in the range
-36 to 36 db.
A few of the things you might want to do to multiple tracks in Audacity are
covered in the more advanced editing section of this guide to audacity:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.0.5-Guide.html
It's written for Jaws users but is also nearly all applicable to users of other
screen readers.
Could you clarify what you mean by getting the exact link to a project, for
example 60 seconds?

 Subject: [audacity4blind] New to audacity
 To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Wednesday, 29 January, 2014, 14:19

 Hi
 I am a jaws user learning audacity. How do I work with
 multiple tracks in a project? How do I move between the two
 tracks and ensure that the volume is the same across both
 tracks? Is there a way to get the exact link of a project
 for example 60 seconds? Any tips would be appreciated.