[audacity4blind] Re: New to Audacitty

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 22:42:07 -0600

I'm not sure what you know now.  Here is a link to a presentation I did
for Accessible World covering the basics of Audacity and Mp3 Direct Cut.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25812011/recording%20presentation.zip
Audacity is the first program covered.  I discuss and demonstrate how to
edit.  You can either listen to the entire Audacity section or skim it to
get to the part or parts you want to listen to.  One thing that needs
correction is that I said in the presentation that you need to save the
file before you can edit it.  I don't know if that was true in very old
versions of the program but it isn't true now.

If you already know how to edit and all you want or need to know is the
short cut keys, I'll give you some information.  While I know something
about audacity, I don't use it much so if I make a mistake or leave out
something useful, I hope list members will add information or correct me.

To set the left marker, press left bracket while the file is playing.  To
set the right marker, press the right bracket when the file is playing.
the material between the markers you have set can be deleted.  The delete
commmand, as I recall, is control k.

I've almost never done this but I believe control z will undo the deletion
if you want to move the markers to make a better edit.

Gene