[audacity4blind] Re: New reverb and older plug-ins

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 15:40:23 +0100

Hi Sharni!
The Reverb effect has a Stereo Width control. You'll get to it as you tab
through the parameter controls.
It's difficult to suggest settings because what works and does not work
depends on your personal preferences, as well as the sound you want to put
reverb on. Drums require a different reverb from vocals for instance. You
really need to play around with the Room Size, Damping, Reverberance and Wet
Gain controls to work out what suits you.
I like Anwieda Soft for its warm and rounded reverb, but there is an even
more powerful plug-in especially for musical instruments called Ambience. It
has a lot of pre-sets and many are stereo balanced. You can get it here.
 <http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/> http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

There is also a plug-in with some nice pre-sets called Kjaerhus Audio
Classic Reverb here.
 <http://publisher.brothersoft.com/kjaerhus-audio.html>
http://publisher.brothersoft.com/kjaerhus-audio.html

Cheers! Robbie