[audacity4blind] Re: New list member.

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:51:01 -0400

Hi David and thanks for the note,

Well, I am glad to be here, you folks sound like a friendly bunch!

I am using a MAC with the screenreader Voiceover. I have Audacity downloaded, but I have done nothing more than look arround in the program a bit. Some one told me that there were some problems with Audacity and the screenreader, but frankly, I don't know what to expect.

As to what I am going to do with it, I hope to do all kinds of things.

I have recorded a CD or two, as a matter of fact, my wife and I had a recording studio about 25 years ago, so this kind of recording is a whole new bag for me. I also want to make tapes out of CDS, my projects are endless. But mostly, I will want to do some multi track stuff, add effects, you get the picture.

I will be looking to buy some kind of a USB mixer.

I am sorry David, I have rambled.

I thought that I would hang out here and learn and ask a bunch of dumb questions until you folks get tired of me, smile.

Thanks again for makeing me feel welcome.
Keith Reedy
WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx
God gives his best to those who leave the choice with him--J. Hudson Taylor

On Aug 17, 2006, at 11:19 PM, David R. Sky wrote:

Hi Keith,

Welcome aboard!

I'm David, one of the list moderators. Most of my involvement with Audacity has been writing plug-ins for it: mostly sound effects and a few sound generators.

What are you using (or want to use) Audacity for?

Cheers,

David

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hello every one,