[audacity4blind] Re: New User with an Editing Question

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:29:29 -0500

Regarding the suggestions below for editing in Audacity:

You've probably pressed pause instead of stop.
Ensure that:
- stop is pressed
- the track itself is selected (enter key)
- a selection region is defined (with the brackets, shift + j/K or the
selection controls)

I have ensured that the track is selected by pressing Enter.
It seems as if you press Space Bar to stop, in order to make an edit at the current location, you are returned to the beginning of the file.
If I understand correctly, you cannot press P to pause in order to edit, but must press space bar to stop.
If that is the case, is there something that needs to be done so that you are not returned to the beginning of the file?

Thanks for input on what I know to be very basic concepts for experienced users.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line