[audacity4blind] Re: NOVATION NIO WITH AUDACITY

  • From: SAMEER VASTA <samvas786@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 03:35:36 -0700

Hi Jacob

That was my thought as well, but this appears to be the latest available driver for the Novation Nio.
Any more ideas?

Sameer

On 2017/09/10 03:16, Jacob Kruger wrote:

(duplicate, since thunderbird messed up subject line, etc. ⌣)

Nope - currently just make use of built-in microphone on my primary machine.

Under device manager, I presume it shows up under  audio input and output devices?

Here on my windows 10 64 bit machine, under that categorical treeview item, there is an item called microphone (hi definition audio device), and, under sound, video and game controllers, the device just shows up as high definition audio device.

Then, if I bring up the sound card settings - it shows up as change sound card settings via start menu search - then on the recording page of that dialogue, if I select the microphone device, and then tab over to the properties button, and, switch to the listen page of the following dialogue, there's a drop-down box to specify if it's enabled, or not, and, on the volume levels page, just called levels here, I can both set it's input volume level, as well as turn on/off a mute checkbox?

Either way, in audacity it also shows up as microphone (high definition audio device).

HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017/09/10 10:36, SAMEER VASTA wrote:
Hi Jacob

Thanks for getting back to me.

No, it doesn't, but it does show up in the device manager.

Do you also have a novation nio?

Sameer

On 2017/09/10 01:20, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Does the device show up under windows sound card settings as a possible recording device?

If I go into sound settings here under windows 10, there's a recording tab, and under there, possible recording devices should show up.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017/09/10 09:31, SAMEER VASTA wrote:
Hi all

I've been trying to record in Audacity via my Novation Nio external USB soundcard without any success, infact Audacity doesn't even recognise it as an input device.  The Novation Nio does however show up in the device manager.

I'm presently running Windows 10 with version 1.6 of the Novation nio drivers.

Your kind assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sameer

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe