[audacity4blind] Re: My introduction

  • From: Chris Coulter <forestelf1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:24:55 -0700

Well, now that I’ve become brave enough to wade into the waters of editing with
Audacity I hope that is even more the case than ever.

I use a Mac Mini running Mavericks and, of course I downloaded Audacity for
Mac. I am reading the manual a little bit at a time but I haven’t reached the
point where I can do much yet with the hands-on part of my training. I have an
Olympus DM520 digital recorder and I have a combination of head phones and a
USB microphone but I’m not sure how well the mic works. I am actually
transitioning into voice acting and the bulk of my recording is done in my
teeny-tiny closet sort of hunkered down behind my sweaters. Sometimes my
over-sixty-year-old hips and thighs get really tired sitting on the floor.
Anyway, I’m starting from scratch and I need to learn everything about Audacity
and audio editing. My questions when they come up may be really dumb but they
are heart-felt. Thanks for any help all of you can give me.
Chris