[audacity4blind] Multi-track recording and latency problem

  • From: David Fritz - Mr Music <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:35:57 +0200

Hi David, Steve, and all others with experience as per the subject line!

Please can you assist?

I want to do multi-track recordings.

I have a Maki Spike usb audio card into which I plug my digital piano.

Of rourse, recording track 1 is easy, no sweat.

When I want to record a second track I get a huge latency problem, using the
earphone jack on the card to listen to track 1 while recording track 2.

Ihave seen the two settings to help offset latency, milliseconds for buffering,
and then the milliseconds to
adjust to compensate for the latency.

I have looked at the online manual detailing to record a metronome track with
second intervals,
and then to record it while playing back, onto a second track from the
headphones.

After there I get lost. I cannot seem to determine the difference between the
two tracks and to change the settings so that I end up with zero latency.

Please can you help me?

Thanks

David