[audacity4blind] Re: Moving the cursor in Audacity

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:03:26 +0100

hi David!

Thanks for the reminder. I will look at changing verbosity when I'm at home.
I might give Audacity a try on a virtual machine... Just to make sure if it is
a Mac os X specific issue.

Best regards
Thomasverbositywhen

Sendt fra min iPhone

Den 26. nov. 2015 kl. 19.41 skrev David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Thomas,
I've no idea why pressing Home isn't taking you to time zero. Unfortunately I
haven't got a mac immediately to hand, so can't try this.

Concerning the repeated hint that you can open a context menu to change the
format. This information is in a tool tip which appears. I'm not very
familiar with VoiceOver, but there may be a verbosity setting somewhere which
allows you to control whether tool tips are read.

David.

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 16:27, Thomas Byskov Dalgaard
<tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!
I read the guide about Audacity that David Bailes has written, and tried to
follow along.
I experience something quite interesting when I move the cursor to a certain
spot in the track with shift+a.
I can do my edit, but when I want to go backwards (for example to the start
of the track) the focus of the cursor isn’t going back to the 0 time range
even when the home key is pressed. I guess there is a good explanation on
this, but I can’t figure it out myself.

Another thing is the selection edit spin boxes. On OS X these can only be
read by pressing voiceover-keys plus the shift key and the left/right arrow
keys. When I do this Voiceover repeats a hint telling me, that I can open
the contextmenu to change the format of the timesetting in the box.

I’m using the latest official version of Audacity on my Mac running OS X
10.11.2.

Best regards Thomas