[audacity4blind] Re: Mix paste

  • From: "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:30:19 -0400

Gale, thanks much. I am using the beta and the mac version. I've been making a switch to mac and do more and more with it and the 1.3 version is the best I have ever sen. I use Leopard latest build. I am really hoping that more accessibility development and testing will be done with audacity using VoiceOVer. There are other editing programs out there however Audacity is amazingly easy to get around in and just makes lots of sense. Thanks for putting my request up there. I will be presenting at a conference this weekend on the Mac and I will be doing a small demo with editing using audacity on the Mac. have a great day.

On Jul 25, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Gale Andrews wrote:

| From "John W. Hess" <wysiwygtechnologies@xxxxxxxxx>
| Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:11:00 -0400
| Subject: [audacity4blind] Mix paste
Good afternoon to all. Is there anyway to use mix paste in the mac
version of audacity and if not would it be possible to include this
feature in the up and coming release?

Only manually at present:

* select and copy what you want to paste
* create a new track
* place the cursor in the new track where you
  want to paste, then paste

The two tracks are implicitly mixed when you play back or export,
but if you want to mix the tracks explicitly into one track, use
Project > Quick Mix (or Tracks > Mix and Render if you are using
Beta Audacity).

We have a Feature Requests page on the Wiki:
http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Feature_Requests

so I will add your vote for mix paste there.

If you have any more questions please state what operating system you
are on and what version of Audacity you are using. Beta Audacity is much
better for visually impaired users.

Gale