[audacity4blind] Re: Missunderstandings about adacity.

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 05:21:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Anders,

Well, that is their problem. You can tell them to come to this list to learn how to do selecting and pitch shifting. And if they don't do that, it's their problem. Audacity is used by literally hundreds of thousands of people world-wide. Pretty good for a program created entirely by volunteers.

David

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Anders Holmberg wrote:

Hello!
I am worried about those who do not understand that audacity is a very friendly sound editor to use for a blind person.
FOr example i was discussing pitchshifting on the pc-audio list and i was writing about how awful i think the pitchshifting is in for example goldwave and soundforge if you compare with audacity.
THe pitchshifting in audacity is excelent and i really like it.
And then i got an answer about that you cant make selections in a soundfile with audacity.
But i told that person that you can do this rather simple in audacity.
Its like working in notepad.
/Anders.
----- Original Message ----- From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>