[audacity4blind] Re: Midi kyboards and regular keyboards

  • From: "Lou Corbin" <loucorbin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:18:24 -0400

Hello,

If you really want to play piano, get an 88 key keyboard, such as, a yamaha p125.It weighs about 25 pounds and has a great piano sound. If you want to do some recording, consider the Yamaha DGX 660. It is also 88 keys but it weighs 46 pounds. Casio also has some good sounding and reasonably good feeling keyboards. But the accompanyments on the casio boards are, in my opinion, very chintzy and unrealistic.

Good luck!

Lou Corbin

P.S. I own a DGX 660 by Yamaha. If you don't plan to move it much, it may be the answer for you. Both keyboards mentioned above are very reasonably priced. Go on Youtube and ask for demos of specific keyboards.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marissa Miranda" <pianogirlforlife7@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 2:12 PM
Subject: [audacity4blind] Midi kyboards and regular keyboards

Question.
I have a few options for keyboards/midi keyboards.

Get a digital piano with few, but great sounds, and a midi keyboard
Get a dgital piano with lots of great sounds but no midi kyboard (as in two separate things)
Mix and match...

Basically, I'm going nutts without playing piano. I've been using GarageBand (yes, I know this is an audacity mailing list) because it's been on my phone. And I would like something to play. I want to get just a digital piano that supports midi, but then I don'th anything to take with me if I want to go out for whatever reason and make music.

However, I did find a Yamaha oler dgx piano, but it only has 76 keys. I'll look if there are others.

Question is though, which midi keyboard should I get? Budget friendly? How many keys? I want a 61 key, just because I like to actually play piano, not just chords, but I don't know. I'm really stuck right now. You fingers are itching to play piano. But everything is so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone
The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe