[audacity4blind] Re: Microphone

  • From: Louise May Fami <may.fami@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 20:17:50 +0800 (SGT)

All right.

Thanks

--- On Wed, 4/10/13, Dang Manh Cuong <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Dang Manh Cuong <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Microphone
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, 10 April, 2013, 4:29 PM

Hi
This just a recommended setting I usually use while record using any software
1. Choose the correct input microphone by pressing shift+i, then choose in the
list. It depend on what type of microphone you use, such as built-in, or USB
microphone
2. adjust the volume to about 20%. This can be done by adjusting throught
control panel, or the toolbar of Audacity. it prevents your mic to picts of the
noise around you.
Your recorded file will have a very soft volume do to the setting above, but
you can normalize after recording.
HTH.
Cuong.

From: Louise May Fami <may.fami@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Recording
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, 8:39 PM

Yes. This is what I mean.

Thanks.
May

http://www.paidtoclick.com/?r=mayfami

From: Dang Manh Cuong <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, 10:59 AM

Hi Louise
Not sure I understand what you mean. According to me, I undrstand that you have
a backround music or some time call beat, then you want to use it to record you
sing. If so, you can do it easily do to the multi trak feature of Audacity.
If you have the backround music recorded by someone, just use the import or
open on the file menu to load it tinto your project, then press r to record.
Audacity will record your voice in a new track. If you want to record you play
instrument, just press r to record your first track, then stop, then press r
again to record the new track. Remember to check the software playthrough in
the transport menu to listen to the recorded track while record new one, such
as listening the the accord music wile record you you sing.
HTH
Cuong