[audacity4blind] Re: Microphone

  • From: "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:29:03 +0700

Hi
This just a recommended setting I usually use while record using any software
1. Choose the correct input microphone by pressing shift+i, then choose in the
list. It depend on what type of microphone you use, such as built-in, or USB
microphone
2. adjust the volume to about 20%. This can be done by adjusting throught
control panel, or the toolbar of Audacity. it prevents your mic to picts of the
noise around you.
Your recorded file will have a very soft volume do to the setting above, but
you can normalize after recording.
HTH.
Cuong.
          From: Louise May Fami <may.fami@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Recording
          To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, 8:39 PM

                Yes. This is what I mean.

                Thanks.
                May

                http://www.paidtoclick.com/?r=mayfami

                --- On Tue, 4/9/13, Dang Manh Cuong <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>

                  From: Dang Manh Cuong <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
                  To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Date: Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, 7:23 PM

                  Hi Louise
                  Is this what you mean?
                  I press r to record my accord, then stop, then press r again
to record my melody. Please folow my last message to know how to do it.
                  Cuong
                            From: Dang Manh Cuong <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
                            To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Date: Tuesday, 9 April, 2013, 10:59 AM

                            Hi Louise
                            Not sure I understand what you mean. According to
me, I undrstand that you have a backround music or some time call beat, then
you want to use it to record you sing. If so, you can do it easily do to the
multi trak feature of Audacity.
                            If you have the backround music recorded by
someone, just use the import or open on the file menu to load it tinto your
project, then press r to record. Audacity will record your voice in a new
track. If you want to record you play instrument, just press r to record your
first track, then stop, then press r again to record the new track. Remember to
check the software playthrough in the transport menu to listen to the recorded
track while record new one, such as listening the the accord music wile record
you you sing.
                            HTH
                            Cuong