[audacity4blind] Maybe OT: Video clipping/splitting software?

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:39:50 +0200

Firstly, the primary reason am looking into this is since, if I try working on
using audacity to match alignment of a narrated soundtrack with the audio of a
video clip of something like a full on movie, then firstly it seems to put way
too much of a processor overload on my PC, and also uses up a lot of hard drive
space while processing alignment, and then using something like virtualDub to
actually replace soundtrack of video itself, etc.

Anyway, was thinking that since it's simple enough to then clip soundtrack
files into somewhat shorter pieces - like 20 minutes long each - using audacity
etc., it would be best/simplest to then firstly split video clip up into pieces
itself, so that then when handling the part of the process to replace video
clip soundtrack, I would also be working with smaller pieces, etc.

Alternatively, suppose could split audio tracks up into pieces, work with them,
and then use audacity to recombine them, but, that would also just add time,
and possible mess-up steps to process, so thought might as well ask first if
anyone knows of some or other usable, free software to in fact just do
something simple, like split up a video clip into pieces?

Have found a few that are meant to be able to do it, but, they're either not
free, or their interfaces are rather unusable - like windows movie maker, for
example.

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker