[audacity4blind] Re: Markers in audacity?

  • From: "vitorflash" <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:37:02 -0000

Hi David and Mat:

First, sorry for the wrong information about markers. The fact is that i changed some commands because i'm not using an us keyboard..

How can we jump between marks? For example, in Sound Forge we can set marks in the gaps between songs of a tape, then with control right arrow, we can skip jumping from marker to marker and pik up the audio right from the beginning of a song. Is it possible in Audacity? Thank you

-----Mensagem Original----- From: David Bailes
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:53 PM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Markers in audacity?

Hi Matt,
One way of putting a marker would be to make use of the fact that you can press left bracket during recording as well as playback to move the cursor. So, during the recording, when the tape flips, press left bracket. Then after you've pressed spacebar to stop the recording, if you press spacebar again it will play from the cursor position, which is where you pressed the left bracket.

David.

On Sunday, 15 February 2015, 7:17, Matt Turner <meturner2214@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hay folks, can audacity insert marks?
I'd like to put a marker so when the tape flips over i can go back, and
delete the silence.