[audacity4blind] Re: Making tracks equal in volume

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:22:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi again Gianluca,

You can use the amplify effect as I suggested in my previous email to one track or the other to _reduce_ the volume of the louder track until both tracks sound about the same volume. (To reduce volume, use a negative db value.) Then apply the amplify effect to both tracks to maximum.

Minus 6db is reducing volume by half, plus 6db is doubling the volume.

David

Gianluca wrote: one trackgets
always louder than the other.
Cheers,