[audacity4blind] Re: Making mashups with audacity?

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:04:05 -0600

Hi Jessica,

I assume these instructions are to move the start of the vocals to a particular point of the instrumental track.

>4: With your instrumental selected, go to tracks menu, align tracks sub menu, and choose Start to Cursor Selection Start. Press enter and wait for a fiew seconds. At that point, music and voice should sound aligned, and you just have to export your project out to a wav or mp3 file, if no volume or equalization needs to be changed
Hope that helps.

This should be "with the vocal track selected". First you move the cursor to the point in the instrumental where you want the vocal to start. (The instrumental doesn't have to be selected for this.) Then you select the /vocal/ track and align start to cursor. You don't want the instrumental track selected when you do this, because /all/ the /selected/ tracks will be moved so that the beginning of the earliest (or is it first?) one will be aligned to the position of the cursor.

HTH

Gary

On 3/2/2015 2:49 AM, vitorflash wrote:
Hi.

If you are mixing an instrumental with your voice, and assuming you already have the instrumental in your computer, just do the following:

1: Import the instrumental to Audacity.
2: Make shure to have your microphone plugged in, as well as your playback and your recording device set correctly. 3: Press r, then you will be listening to the instrumental, and recording your voice at the same time.

If you already have the instrumental and the recorded vocals in separate files, then:

1: Import both files to Audacity.
2: Use either right and left arrows, coma or period, to move the cursor to the desired position in the instrumental as you are listening. Make shure that the instrumental is selected, and the voice is not selected at that time. 3: Press shift and A. Playback will stop and the cursor will be right there. 4: With your instrumental selected, go to tracks menu, align tracks sub menu, and choose Start to Cursor Selection Start. Press enter and wait for a fiew seconds. At that point, music and voice should sound aligned, and you just have to export your project out to a wav or mp3 file, if no volume or equalization needs to be changed
Hope that helps.

Vitor.
-----Mensagem Original----- From: Jessica Allen
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2015 11:14 PM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: Making mashups with audacity?

I mean mixing the instrumental of a song with a vocal

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Mar 2015, at 22:25, Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello. What do you mean by those mashups? Do you mean mixing tracks like for instance mixing music with voice?
On 01/03/2015 11:44, Jessica Allen wrote:

Hi
I'm using audacity 2.0 and would like to try and make mashups. The YouTube tutorials only explain it for a sighted person. Is it possible using keyboard shortcuts?
I use NVDA screenreader
Thanks
JessSent from my iPhone

Vitor Ferreira