[audacity4blind] Re: Leland, this label track plug-in crashes my Window Eyes

  • From: Leland <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:45:46 -0500

Hi David,

Well, I learned way more lisp than I ever wanted to.  :-)  The problem was
that you were dealing with samples and the labels wanted milliseconds.  I
changed the plug-in, but you may want to go over it well since this is the
first time I've actually tried doing anything with lisp.

Well...almost the first time.  I did take a look at your morse2 problem and
I'm at a complete loss there.  I have the same behavior as you with the
first run failing after processing the first 2 characters and the second
completing normally.

What I did find was that the s3 function was getting unbound somehow after
it was used the second time.  I spent most of last night thing it was
garbage collection, but I simply couldn't find where the problem was
occurring.

I compared our version of nyquist (2.29) with the latest and there's not
many changes to the lisp interpreter and none that looked like it would
cause the problem.

I'll bring it up on the devlers list here pretty soon.

BTW:  Did you know you could define a function in one plug-in and use that
function in a completely different plug-in?  The environment isn't cleaned
up complete between runs and leaves functions and the like defined.

Leland