[audacity4blind] Re: Latency problems

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 08:02:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Vitor,
To play at the speed indicated by the slider, you have to either press the play
at speed button by pressing Enter, or you can assign a shortcut to the play at
speed command in keyboard preferences. The play a speed slider does not affect
the speed of playback when using spacebar or shift+a.

David.

On Monday, 8 June 2015, 19:24, Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there.

About playback speed, that would be a nice feature to edit a long peace
for instance. If we can increase the speed, that will make things much
quicker. Can we make shure that playback speed stays unchanged whenever
we set a value other than 100 percent, or do we always need to press
enter to hear the playback at that given speed? Thanks.

On 07/06/2015 23:29, Robbie wrote:

Hi Ivan!
I think you may have accidentally changed the playback speed. Press
ctrl-shift-F6 and then shift-tab. The slider should be on 100% for normal
playback speed. You can alter the value with the cursor keys. Shift-tab
again and press enter to set the new value as playback speed. Press ctrl-F6
to return to the track table. If it's not that, I've got no idea what else
it could be. But in that case write back and someone else will have a crack
at it.

Cheers! Robbie