[audacity4blind] Re: Latency problem?

  • From: Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 21:59:23 -0500

Hi,
Sorry for not responding for so long, but School kept me away from audacity
almost a whole week.
Thank you for those instructions to reset the preferences. Yes, I have use the
microphone another recorders, but the other recorder I used it on was not multi
track. This latency only happens when I have a lot of tracks. Now, I have reset
the preferences, and did the same amount of tracks, and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2015, at 8:57 AM, David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Blake,
Assuming that your microphone is mono rather than stereo, you could try setting
the recording channels to mono to see if that makes any difference.

If not, next would probably be to set all of audacity's preferences back to
their default values. One way of doing this:
1. With audacity not running, open windows/file explorer.
2. press alt+d to move to the address bar, type shell:appdata (all one word),
and press enter.
3. In the list/items view, open the Audacity folder.
4. select the file audacity.cfg and delete it.
5. Now try audacity again.

If that still doesn't fix it, have you tried this usb microphone with any other
recording programs?

David.

On Sunday, 13 September 2015, 2:24, Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,
The host is MME, the device is USB microphone, and Recording channels is 2
stereo.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2015, at 1:39 PM, David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Blake,
thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I still don't know what the problem is.
Could you provided some more info:
With the usb microphone plugged in, then in the devices section of Preferences,
what are the settings of the following three combo boxes: host, recording
device, and recording channels?

David.

On Saturday, 12 September 2015, 18:12, Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2015, at 6:37 AM, David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Blake,
can you supply some further information:
1. Are you using Windows or Mac?
2. What device are you trying to record from?
3. In the Recording section of Audacity's Preferences dialog, what are the
values of these two edit boxes: Audio to buffer, and Latency correction.

David.

On Saturday, 12 September 2015, 2:23, Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sent from my iPhone hi,
This problem has happened to me twice. The first time I uninstalled and
reinstalled audacity, thinking it was a problem with my file itself. I was
wrong. Both times, it has happened when I was making a big project, with around
five tracks. It might have been because I was undoing and redoing some things
that messed up?
Ever since I did the big project, and has been giving me this error
Latency problem dialogue. Latency correction Setting has caused the audio to be
hidden before zero. Audacity has brought it back to zero. You may have to use
the timeshift tool or a five to drag the track to the right place.
Ever sense, it won't let me record anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I am recording from a Windows computer, and I have a USB microphone. I don't
know the brand. Last night, while playing around, we figured out that it only
happens when the microphone is plugged in. We messed around with those two
boxes a lot last night, but right now, the latency audio to buffer is at 200,
and the latency correction as at -300. While recording with the built in
microphone, our changes actually fixed a slight latency problem that we were
having before. But the problem still remains with the microphone. Is there some
sort of microphone setting, inside the computer, to change the latency?