[audacity4blind] Re: Latency problem?

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 11:37:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Blake,
can you supply some further information:
1. Are you using Windows or Mac?
2. What device are you trying to record from?
3. In the Recording section of Audacity's Preferences dialog, what are the
values of these two edit boxes: Audio to buffer, and Latency correction.

David.

On Saturday, 12 September 2015, 2:23, Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sent from my iPhone hi,
This problem has happened to me twice. The first time I uninstalled and
reinstalled audacity, thinking it was a problem with my file itself. I was
wrong. Both times, it has happened when I was making a big project, with around
five tracks. It might have been because I was undoing and redoing some things
that messed up?
Ever since I did the big project, and has been giving me this error
Latency problem dialogue. Latency correction Setting has caused the audio to be
hidden before zero. Audacity has brought it back to zero. You may have to use
the timeshift tool or a five to drag the track to the right place.
Ever sense, it won't let me record anything.
Any help would be appreciated.