[audacity4blind] Re: Joining files

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:45:09 -0500

First, what kind of files are these.  In other words, what is the format.
If they are compressed files, using most recording programs is not a good
way to join them.  You will loose sound quality.  You may not lose much,
but why loose any.  Especially if you are dealing with music, why loose
any.

As far as I can see, you are probably following an incorrect procedure.
Here is one way to join files.
Open both files in audacity using the open command.  In other words, first
open one file, then, after the file is fully opened, issue the open
command again and open the other one.
You will have two files in two separate windows you can alt tab between.
Select the first file control a, then copy it to the clipboard, control c.
Alt tab to the second window displaying the second file.
Move the cursor to the start of the file.  Paste the first file in.  Now
save the results.  That is one way to join two files using audacity.

Gene