[audacity4blind] Re: JAWS-Scripts needed?

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:00:54 +0100

| From Marco Steinebach <marco.steinebach@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Sun, 1 Aug 2010 01:05:05 +0200
| Subject: [audacity4blind] JAWS-Scripts needed?
> as I made my first steps with audacity, I wrote JAWS scripts to
> improve the handling with the program.
> For now, the main thing they do is to keep some shortcuts from being
> handled by JAWS but passing them directly through to Audacity. That
> makes it very much faster to move the cursor e.g.
> And I tried to deal with the time fields, so that they are shown on my
> braille display.
> If someone needs those "very beta" scripts, or would like to make a
> project with me developing those scripts, just let me know ... or
> maybe there are already scripts doing that?

I don't know myself of other scripts, but I think it might be an idea
to publicise your scripts with a "beta" warning and instructions, so
you can get some feedback on them. Do you have a web server or
storage address you can keep them on, and can you post a link to
them here?

To give the scripts a bit more publicity, is it OK for you if we also post
a link to them on our "Audacity for blind users" wiki page:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Audacity_for_blind_users#docs  ?

If you do not have a server it would probably be OK to store them
directly on the Wiki and link to them that way. In that case please
e-mail them to me off-list and I'll upload them to the Wiki.

By "time fields" do you mean TimeText controls as in the spin boxes
in Selection Toolbar?

Gale
The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/