[audacity4blind] Re: JAWS scripts for JAWS V2.0 released

  • From: "Mark Kirkham" <mark.kirkham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:35:05 +0100

Hi Gary and Dang.

I am really impressed with this latest script. I have been a JAWS user with
Audacity for some years now but only got round to subscribing to this mailing
list recently, and so this is the first time I have ever used one of your
scripts. What I especially like are the spoken warnings when I try to do
something invalid, such as performing a cut of a selection when the program is
not stopped, or selecting parts of a track when I have omitted to select that
track first. I am also finding the alt + delete command to say the current
audio position really helpful, which saves me having to control f6 to and from
the main window. Admittedly I have only recently started to properly get the
hang of audio editing but by no means do I consider myself a novice, and yet
your scripts are still most beneficial. If I'd known about them before I could
have saved myself a lot of frustration!

Many thanks and all the best.

Mark