[audacity4blind] Re: JAWS Script for Audacity-- new beta (2.1.0-beta.6)

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:24:26 -0600

Hi,

If you have suggestions for the README or script/installer messages, now is the time to share them! I think we're very close to the next release and it would be best to make any text changes /before/ we send the messages to the translators!

I've tried to improve the structure of the README, but I think it could still benefit from some more work.

You might want to look at the information on Writing on GitHub <https://help.github.com/categories/writing-on-github/>, if you are making anything but small changes to the README.

You can see the README with the Markdown translated to HTML on the main repo page. <https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity>

The messages are in the following files:
in the Jaws-Script-For-Audacity repo:
readme.md <https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity/readme.md>
audacity.jsm <https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity/audacity.jsm>
Jaws_script_installer/installer_lang_enu.nsh <https://github.com/campg2j003/JAWS-Script-for-Audacity/Jaws_script_installer/installer_lang_enu.nsh>
In repo jfw_nsh: <https://github.com/campg2j003/jfw_nsh>
JFW_lang_enu.nsh <https://github.com/campg2j003/jfw_nsh/JFW_lang_enu.nsh>
In repo uninstlog <https://github.com/campg2j003/uninstlog>:
uninstlog_enu.nsh <https://github.com/campg2j003/uninstlog/uninstlog_enu.nsh>.

I would prefer changes be submitted as pull requests, but since that can be pretty intimidating if you're not familiar with Git and GitHub you can also send me your suggestions (or changed files) in an e-mail and I'll put them in.

If you do submit a pull request, fork each of the repos you are changing. Then create your own branch, make your changes, and submit a pull request. Your branches should be based on branch master. See theREADME and Fork a Repo <https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/> in GitHub Help for instructions.

I have fixed a bug in the uninstaller that did not uninstall some files when the files were changed since they were installed and the user chooses to delete them. I think this was causing the
installation folder not to be deleted sometimes. I also changed the uninstaller so that it asks about deleting the first changed file, and then does the requested action (delete or keep) for all other changed files. This should make the uninstall in this situation less painful.

Pretty much all of the features I've thought of are now implemented, unless we need a quick setting to disable speaking of some of the additional keystrokes I added messages for, or the speaking of the position I added after some of the selection and movement commands. Once we know the messages and README are good, I'm thinking I will release a release candidate on which the translations will be based. There should be no changes to that before the real release except for updating translations, or maybe something small that doesn't affect any of the files that are being translated. Once the translations are done, I think we're ready to release.

What do you think?

Gary