[audacity4blind] Re: Introduction and affect question

  • From: Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:58:19 -0500

Well, here is my problem.
My voice sounds extremely muddy and I don't know if it's filtering or
compression or equalization or what, but I wanted to have better quality. I'm
using a windows surface pro, and it internal mic. Also, I don't know whether
frequency relates to pitch, or bass and treble type sounds. I understand
reverbs, I understand delays, but that's about the extent of it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2015, at 3:57 PM, Vasundhara Raturi <vasundhara.raturi.97@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Tracy,

Yes, features like equalisation, reverb, etc., are very technical things and
are useful for adding very precise special effects to music or any voice
tracks. In order to know more about the use of every effect (and only if you
are interested in them), you can certainly google them. Also, if you are
interested to experiment and want to see how each of them is used in audacity,
I would advise you to go to the help section in Audacity and read through the
'quick help' and 'manual' sections provided there. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vasundhara

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
I am new to this list, but not so new to audacity. I've been kind of figuring
it out on my own by hitting buttons and trying to figure out what they do. I
don't know what half of anything means. Does anyone know of a good place to
go about strange terms, such as equalization, compression, input and output
when it comes to vote coding, etc.?
I appreciate any feedback,
Blake Tracy.