[audacity4blind] Re: Introduction and affect question

  • From: Vasundhara Raturi <vasundhara.raturi.97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:57:33 +0200

Hi Tracy,

Yes, features like equalisation, reverb, etc., are very technical things
and are useful for adding very precise special effects to music or any
voice tracks. In order to know more about the use of every effect (and only
if you are interested in them), you can certainly google them. Also, if you
are interested to experiment and want to see how each of them is used in
audacity, I would advise you to go to the help section in Audacity and read
through the 'quick help' and 'manual' sections provided there. Hope this
helps.

Regards,
Vasundhara

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Blake Tracy <blaketracy23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
I am new to this list, but not so new to audacity. I've been kind of
figuring it out on my own by hitting buttons and trying to figure out what
they do. I don't know what half of anything means. Does anyone know of a
good place to go about strange terms, such as equalization, compression,
input and output when it comes to vote coding, etc.?
I appreciate any feedback,
Blake Tracy.