[audacity4blind] Re: Introducing myself and greetings

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:01:15 +0100 (BST)

Hi Marlon,
yes, if you want to append record, you should select the track, though I think
that if there's only a single track it also works. If you select more than one
track, then what happens isn't defined. It may well do something, but whatever
that is, it may change, and so can't be relied on.

David.

On Friday, 11 April 2014, 13:51, Marlon Brandão de Sousa
<splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you! I noticed that once I press enter on a track it says track1
selection and if I shift + s it it says track 1selection solo on.
If i arrow down i will hear track 2 (no selection and no solo
information). May be that voiceover is reporting a little bite more or
might be that this info is not reliable ... I am using up and down
arrows without interacting with nothing.
Thank you so much for these instructions, it did help me a lot.
To append recort (shift + r) I have to oress enter on the track I wish
to append right? What happens if I try appending record if more than
one track is selected?
Thanks,,
Marlon

> Hi Marlon,
> when you press R to start recording, Audacity automatically creates a new
> track, and the recorded audio is placed in that track.
> To edit a single track:
> 1. To hear only the focussed track, press shift + s to solo it. Pressing
> shift + s will unsolo it.
> 2. To edit only the audio in that track, select that track, and make sure
> the others are not selected. To select/deselect the focussed track press
> Enter. To deselect all tracks and deselect any selected time range, press
> cmd+shift+A.
>
> Note: When you change whether a track is selected, solo or mute, VoiceOver
> does not automatically read out the new state of the track. However,
> provided you are interacting with the scroll area, you can manually read
> this by pressing VO-W, or VO-A, or VO-S, or VO-L.
>
> David.
>
> On Tuesday, 8 April 2014, 18:41, Marlon Brandão de Sousa
> <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Marlon. Audio editing has always been into my wish list
>> (smiles) but now I have found the time to try it.
>>
>> I know a few basic stuff, but I am somewhat lost with simple tasks in
>> audacity. I am using mac OS and the last version of audacity.
>>
>> I would like to know how to record multiple tracks.
>>
>> So let's supose I need to record three tracks.
>> I have just openned audacity and I am in a new document. Pressing r will
>> start recording. Now I recorded something. Pressing space will stop the
>> recording.
>> Now supose I need to record a second track. How can I:
>> 1- Add a new track.
>> 2- Choose what track I am in, in order to start recording the second one
>> and not killing everything in the first one.
>> 3- Editing only my ciorrent track, cinse I want fo fine tune this track
>> only. Pressing space bar will play everything together and it is a whole
>> mess.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marlon
>> Enviado via iPhone