[audacity4blind] Re: Introducing myself and greetings

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:00:11 +0100 (BST)

Hi Marlon,
when you press R to start recording, Audacity automatically creates a new
track, and the recorded audio is placed in that track.
To edit a single track:
1. To hear only the focussed track, press shift + s to solo it. Pressing shift
+ s will unsolo it.
2. To edit only the audio in that track, select that track, and make sure the
others are not selected. To select/deselect the focussed track press Enter. To
deselect all tracks and deselect any selected time range, press cmd+shift+A.

Note: When you change whether a track is selected, solo or mute, VoiceOver does
not automatically read out the new state of the track. However, provided you
are interacting with the scroll area, you can manually read this by pressing
VO-W, or VO-A, or VO-S, or VO-L.

David.